Breaking

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

About Mr. Aung Myint Thu- Rakhine (2006- 2018)



I, Mr. Aung Myint Thu, was born in 1990, in a small island, in Rakhine state, Myanmar named “ Manaung island or Chuduba island”. At the age of 16, in 2006, I moved to Thailand for my better Education. There, I gained many knowledge and experiences. In that period, we were still under Military Government- Myanmar. I was working for youth development in Refugee Camp (Civil War) which is in Thai-Burma Border.  At the same time, I learned a lot about meaning of Refugee, Civil War, and Ethnic Armed Organizations a lot. After that, I became a teacher at Children’s Development Center (CDC), the biggest Migrant School.

In 2011, I came back to Myanmar and started small local youth supporting organization “Manaung Youth Networking Group” www.myng.network, which is not just in Township level Organization but national level and working with organization around the world. In 2012, I won one year full-scholarship at Kant Kaw Education Center/ Thabyay Education Foundation, http://www.thabyay.org/, which gave me an opportunity to work at Empowerment Program For Parliamentarians (EPP), which is designed to support the Myanmar Parliament -- Members of Parliament (MPs) and Parliamentary staff -- by providing English language classes, professional development courses and occasional seminars and workshops on special topics.  The program was set up in April 2013 with two core activities– English classes for MPs and English classes for Parliamentary staff.  So far, a total of more than 300 Hluttaw/parliament staff and MPs have successfully participated in this program. I was an English teacher (Elementary/Pre-Intermediate) for one year- 2013-2014. I was one of the first staff, working at it. There, I worked with a noble prize winner, Daw Aung San Su Kyi and some top general directors. (http://www.thabyay.org/epp.html)

In 2014, I came back Rangoon to work at Thabyay again for one year. After that, in 2015, I spent most of my times, building my mother-organization, which I started. Working there, I became a well-known young man in Rakhine/Arakan state. Thus, I was invited by some media organizations to support them. Union level youth conference started inviting me as a representative. There have been some invitation letters from Cambodia, Indonesia, Thailand for community development dialogue. I met with a former president of Timor-Leste who is also the noble prize winner, Jose Ramos Horta. Before meeting with him, I had already started working with Diplomacy Training Program, which he founded. I met him in Cambodia at the 4th Annual Asian Pace Conference- August 2017, which was attended by Asian Ethnic Armed Organizations.

In 2017, I was invited by Arakan Liberation Party (ALP)/ Arakan Liberation Army (ALA) to work for them, especially at Union Peace Conference (UPC) sine ALP/ALP is in the Nationwide Ceasefire Agreement (NCA), I have loved to develop the policies/principle of social Sector Development. I became the special consultant to, Mr. Khaing Soe Naing Aung, Vice President of ALP in Economy and Capacity Building in May 2018. I am just here because we need to find ways in building professional government in Federal Democratic Country-Myanmar. (http://www.mmpeacemonitor.org/peace-process/157-alp).  I am one of the "Cadre" at ALP according to the leader, mentioning, which means a group of trained or otherwise qualified personnel capable of forming, training, or leading an expanded organization, as a religious or political faction, or a skilled work force:

I have worked for Media Development, Indigenous Rights Development, Youth & Education Development, International Relation Development, and Peace Process Development since 2007. Therefore, I am well-known as journalist, youth and education developer, indigenous rights supporter, Peace-Maker. 

Since 2018 September, I have been actively participating at International Peace Youth Group (IPYG). Working with them, I have already met more than 20 former presidents of the world.


Important Note: The party, ALP, names me as “ Cadre’’ ေကဒါ in Burmese and English translation: 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadre_(military), https://my.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E1%80%80%E1%80%B1%E1%80%92%E1%80%AB


ALP's translation For Cadre is similar: a group of trained or otherwise qualified personnel capable of forming, training, or leading an expanded organization, as a religious or political faction, or a skilled work force:

1 comment:

Pages