Breaking

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Aung's Turning Point- Age-17 in Maesot Thailand (Indigenous People Right-Training)

"Turning Point of Aung's Life"

At the age of 17, I won a scholarship for studying English, Computer and Indigenous rights, in Thailand. At the class, all the young people different parts of Rakhine/Arakan came here to study. This is a very important place historically for ethnic people because all the peace makers of Ethnic Armed Organizations today sitting in Union Peace Conference with Myanmar government and Myanmar Army (Tamadaw) had usually visited this place to meet important leaders. 

Form this classroom, some of today Rakhine youth leaders in Myanmar used to come and learn for their Community Development. Here, I started building my language skills- the American man who is sitting with me is my second English teacher in term of the native speaker. 

From this place, I learned very basic lessons of Civil War, Ethnic conflict, Ethnic Rights, Human Rights, Democracy, which I had never known or understood in the past. After a few months studying here, I moved to an another important place to learn more about Civil War - practically at the Asia Biggest Refugee Camp.  Read more about me in the future again. 

Written By Aung Myint Thu 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages